Top Global Course Special Lectures by Prof. Boris Feigin (Kyoto University / Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics) will take place as follows:
- Course Title
- Top Global Course Special Lectures 2
- Date & Time
- July 22 to 26, 2019
- Monday, July 22, 13:30-15:30
- Tuesday, July 23, 10:00-12:00
- Wednesday, July 24, 10:00-12:00
- Thursday, July 25, 13:30-15:30
- Friday, July 26, 13:30-15:30
- 127 Conference Room, Faculty of Science Bldg. #3, Kyoto University
- Vertex algebras, instanton counting and invariants of 3 and 4 dimensional manifolds
1. Representation theory.
Affine Kac-Moody algebras. Integrable representations. Characters formulas. Two ways to understand characters - geometric and combinatorial. Lefschetz fix points formula and Brion theorem.
2. Vertex opetator algebras and conformal fields theories.
Characters of representations of vertex algebras.Simplest case -minimal models for Virasoro algebra. Conformal blocks and modular functor.Consructions of vertex algebras by reduction or by exstensions.
3. Elements of geometric representation theory.
Vertex algebras and invariants of 4-dimensional manifolds.Instanton counting.
4. 3-dimensional manifolds and logarithmic theories.
Invariants of 3-dimensional manifolds
- This series of lectures will be video-recorded and made available online.
Please note that anyone in the front rows of the room can be captured by a video camera.