Top Global Course Special Lectures by Prof. Valery Alexeev (Kyoto University / University of Georgia) will take place as follows:
- Course Title
- Top Global Course Special Lectures 1
- Date & Time
- April 3 - 11, 2017
Monday, April 3, 15:00-17:30
Wednesday, April 5, 15:00-17:30
Friday, April 7, 15:00-17:30
Tuesday, April 11, 10:00-12:30
- 127 Conference room, Faculty of Science Bldg. #3, Kyoto University
- Compact moduli spaces of surfaces: functorial and combinatorial
- The lectures will go over several concrete examples of geometric compactifications of moduli spaces of surfaces and surface pairs.
- The topics will include, in roughly this order:
- Dimension 1 case. Weighted curves. Losev-Manin spaces.
- Toric methods. Moduli of abelian surfaces and their covers.
- Matroidal methods. Weighted hyperplane arrangements and their covers.
- Higher-dimensional analogs of Losev-Manin spaces.
- Losev-Manin spaces for other Lie types.
- Compactifications of moduli of rational elliptic surfaces and of K3 surfaces.