- Personal Info.
>> Switch to Japanese Page
Professor, Department of Mathematics, Kyoto University and Chief coordinator, Math Clinic at Kyoto University.
My research interests are in understanding nonlinear dynamical phenomena observed in the evolutions of incompressible fluid motions; I am also intersted in interdisciplinary mathematical studies (Math. Metorology, Math. Modeling etc); I am the chief cordinator of Math Clinic Program (MACS Program)
I am awarded a JST PRESTO
research fellowship for the project, "Dynamical Systems Theory for
Hydrospheric Environments"(2007-2010) and the sequel
project of JST Math CREST, "Towards a Paradigm Shift Created by Mathematics of Vortex-Boundary Interactions" (2010-2016).
- Topological fluid mechanics (Topological Flow Data Analysis)
- Dissipative weak solutions of the Euler equations and Turbulence theory
- Vortex Dynamics (Point Vortex on Closed Surface)
- Flow control of vortex dominated flows
- Singularity formation and long-time behavior of vortex dynamics
- Applied and Computational Complex Analysis
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Mathematical Meteorlogy, Math Clinic at Kyoto U)
- Research Topic: Topological and geometric fluid mechanics, Turbulence Theory, Vortex Dynamics, Mathematical Meteorology, Mathematical Modeling, Interdisciplinary Mathematics.
- Topics in Mathematics: Nonlinear dynamical systems, Bifurcation theory, Partial differential equations, Numerical Analysis, Topology, Symplectic geometry.
- Topics in Numerical methods: Vortex method, Spectral method, Fast tree-codes, Fast Multipole Method, Numerical Conformal mapping