QFract: A Qt-based fractal viewer
Now QFract is updated for Qt 6 (LGPL/Free).
It is distributed under GNU GPL v2.
Source code is now available at GitHub.
I put all the plugins I have made.
Some of them might be useless, and some of them are not compiled automatically from the source by simply execute make. Edit plugins/Makefile, or modify and use make.sh in the plugin directory to compile them. Some might even require additional file to compile.
- 20230109 version (with Qt 6)
- Screenshot (older version)
- 20140826 version for Qt 5 (5.3?)
- 20110725_2 version (Windows version only) for Qt 4.5
- 20110725 version
- 20090901 version
- 20090828 version
- 20090806 version
- 20010723 version (for Qt 3)
- (for 20110725_1 version) Add "-ffsat-math" option for Windows
MinGW compiler (unless some plugins work so slowly).
- Now QFract uses Boost::thread
to threading. Default is 4 threads.
You need to rebuild to change the number of threads.
Because of some difficulties to calculate progress
during long calculation, progress is not shown any more.
- Including all plugins I have ever made (not appear in the list).
(I do not remember some of them... Read the source to see
what each plugin calculate.)
- Mac binary can open png files. (Indeed, the applescript bundle
contains the "real" qfract application bundle inside.)
- New colormaps: default-NTSC.map and defaupt-HDTV.map.
They are grayscale version of default.map. In the source coe,
there are scripts (NTSC.sh and HDTV.sh) converting colormaps to grayscale.
- New plugins: cubicsuperray,
- cubicsuperper2ray plugin has changed not to divide by the natural
- If you would like to open PNG files created by QFract by
double-clicking them in Mac OS X, use this applescript.
(You need to modify the path of qfract by Script Editor.)
- Open PNG file in new window.
- Open PNG files in command-line: qfract file1.png [file2.png ...]
- Precise new window size (640x640, 320x320, etc.).
09/08/04 Major update!
- Minor bug correction: colormap and function plugins could not
be opened via file open dialog for Windows.
No difference for other environment from 09/08/04 version.
- Now QFract is for Qt 4.5. Also added many functionalities.
- QFract can run natively under Windows and Mac!
Static link binaries are distributed.
- Load saved PNG image (saved by QFract itself).
- Print drawn images.
- Added new load function plugin dialog. You can choose function
plugins from a list of plugins with some descriptions.
- Short description for parameters.
- Default colormap for each plugin.
- A bit faster drawing loop than before.
- A lot of plugins.
- Rough I18N support. Japanese resources are added.
(To add other language resources, you need to edit main.cpp.)
- Don't redraw when the max iteration times for forward orbits is changed.
- Add plugins for degree 2 rational maps with period 2 superattracting orbit.
- Add plugins for quadratic maps with period 2 and 3 external rays.
- Add a plugin for real biquadratic maps with stretching rays.
- Add plugins for polynomials of type E_2 and E_3.
(a polynomial of type E_q can be written as P(z)=cz(1-z/q)^q.)
- Add a plugin for real cubic maps with stretching rays.
- Add PLUGIN.jp(how to create plugins).
- Add plugins for real cubic maps.
- Add plugins/make.sh (script for compiling plugins). See also makeplugin.sh.
- Add tricorn and tricornjulia plugins.
- Add INSTALL.jp document.
- Initial point of a forward orbit can be different from the mouse pointer.
See Point init(Point, int, double) in plugins.
- Add the plugins for biquadratic maps and degree 2 rational maps with a period 3 superattracting cycle.
- Colormap is inherited from the parent window.
- Add colormaps.
- Add scripts to make new colormaps for period 2 and 3.
Inou Hiroyuki <inou+www3 at math dot kyoto-u dot ac dot jp>
(This e-mail address is also valid without "+www3".)